Old 12-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E46 M3, 2011 X5 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow0404 View Post
any updates on the install
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808E70 View Post
New member here, just installed the N55 BMS Stage 1 tune. Complete install took about 20-25 min. The hardest part is getting to the MAP Sensor under the air box, but the rest is very simple. Started right up with no problems. Drove it around the block and immediately noticed the difference. I will post up after a week if driving to give my opinion. Thanks Terry for making a great product that is very easy to install.
I managed to install the piggy back computer tonight. The entire process took about 30 ~ 40 minutes. Everything is SO much easier the second time around. I took my sweet time to ziptie everything in place, so it took a little longer.

I only got a chance to take her out for a quick drive, but WOW. There is no turbo lag and the extra torque down low is very noticeable. As soon as you step on the gas, the X just moves forward. Granted, it's not as fast as the M3, but the drive-ability is definitely improved. The throttle response (aside from the slow auto tranny) is comparable to the E46 M3 which has six individual throttle bodies and is infamous for great throttle response.

After a few miles, I switched over to manual shifting. Up high, the engine really screams and it's definitely faster when the revs are high.

Overall, it's an excellent mod especially for the price. The install isn't too bad, and I will create a more detailed install doc with a long term review.