View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 06:35 AM

Mein Auto: '05 e46 325i spt/prem pkg
Sure Rover, I'd be delighted to share. Foremost, these pics were taken downtown in the shadow of some very tall buildings with about 2 hours of sunlight left in the day. The machinery used: Canon EOS T2i (550d in Europe) and Canon EF50mm f1.8. The lighting was all natural. All camera controls set to manual (except focus). Aperture was set at f/2.8 for all shots. Shutter speed and ISO fluctuated as needed for all shots. In Lightroom I applied sharpening for landscapes, auto adjusted for white balance and exposure, added punch, and added a medium contrast boost. Minor sharpening for the web was automatically done when I converted the file from RAW to jpeg. Sounds like a lot, but its really just a few clicks of the mouse. The 50mm lens plays a large part in getting the pics so sharp - being a prime (single focal length) it can be set up by Canon during manufacture to look a certain way and have very nice sharpness when stopped down (f/2.8) just a bit, yet still have a decent background blur. The lens and camera are by no means expensive, but they do make lovely pics when combined.

Hope this helps.