12-18-2012, 07:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Atlanta, GA
Join Date: Feb 2010
Mein Auto: 2000 528iT
I'm hoping this will be relevant to this thread.
My car is a '00 (11/99) 528iT with the M52TU and a slushbox (A5S360R / A5S390R, I think). My hunt for a wiring fault causing P0335 and P0727 has [d]evolved into the following project:
- Adapter Lead (12514592703) for CKP: Connects to #8 here
- PS Reservoir and the low-pressure hoses
- Oil Filter Housing Gasket
- Intake Manifold Gasket
- CCV and associated tubes
- ICV cleaning
- Dipstick cleaning/redesign (from this thread
- Cleaning out years of gunk that have dripped and coated the block/undercarraige
I'm finding that a lot of my time is being spent rooting around for the safest way to disconnect various wires and hoses. I've never thought of myself as particularly ham-fisted, but I'll be porked if a lot of these connectors don't break if you look at them funny.
Right now, I'm trying to determine the best way to disconnect the intake manifold vacuum port, (#4. Do I just pry it gently? From the etk, it almost looks threaded. I didn't want to remove any hose clamps unless I had to, but maybe that's the best way?