View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Humble E34 lover

Mein Auto: 1992 525i
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertobaggio20 View Post
Steve Sir, I need corroboration on something. I recall you did a coolant system overhaul that included changing the radiator, around 2-3 years back. You posted up a very detailed diy on it with loads of pictures, as I recall.

You obviously bled the radiator after fixing everything up. Did you monitor coolant levels daily after that? How did it behave? Did it fall, and did you top up, and if so, at which point (i.e days or weeks) did it stop falling? Could you estimate the number of expansion tanks-worth of topups you had to do ?

As mentioned, when I changed my rad and bled the radiator both hot and cold, I still had to top up for nearly 3 weeks thereafter before coolant levels stopped moving from full, and I'm estimating that it involved 1.5 exptanks worth of extra coolant.

Thank you.

rgds,
Roberto
After the one post-rebuild bleed required, I had to top off the expansion tank only once the following day. It required approximatley 3-4 lines on the tank to bring it to the cold level during my check (engine cold of course). No coolant level drop thereafter.

I had to do the same thing after I recently had my heater core replaced by my indy mech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noego View Post
It's Deja Poo - as in, I've heard this **** before.
Steve

Calypso Red 1992 525i with 200K miles

1991 735i - Sold
1992 525i - Sold
1995 325is - Sold
2000 528i - Sold