View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 08:18 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X1, 2012 Q5
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracerf4i View Post
I understand some of you have already gotten used to this Start/stop way of starting or shutting off the car. I picked up the car in Germany and wat taught these proceedured of starting/shutting off the car by the delivery advisor in the Welt. Like a first timer, it have engraved into my contiousness. However, I still think turning the keys are a lot more intuitive.

I have been using auto/start/stop feature when driving. The car would shut itself when I am done parking the car, but when I press the SS button to shut off the car (muscle memory), I always end up starting the car again. I try to remember not to press the button, but it's just a hassle.
After 6,000 miles I've mostly adjusted to the keyless entry/start, but I would still rather have a conventional key. At times the keyless thing is handy, but most of the time I would be happier with a simple key and fob -- especially now that the door hasn't been unlocking properly at times. If you have to remove the fob from your pocket to unlock the door anyway, what's the point?

You can always have the auto stop/start disabled if you find it as bothersome as I did. Unfortunately in my case, the reprogramming caused some other electronic issues and resulted in an extended stay in the shop. The car is so much more pleasant to drive now, so in the end it was worth the hassle. But it's a good thing I don't intend to use the feature, because it seems to have been permanently disabled by the reprogramming. The ASS doesn't even engage in EcoPro mode. But I'm not about to risk another software fiasco by trying to have it corrected.

2014 Touareg TDI R Line
2012 Q5 2.0T
2002 RSX

Last edited by HotRodW; 12-19-2012 at 08:29 AM.