View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 760Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordoor View Post
I would very much prefer free market forces to change people's minds about buying huge SUV's than government influencing the market with some kind of a tax.

If the availability of oil weakens, the price will go up. If it goes up high enough, people will change their spending habits. There is no need for government to intervene.

-Corey
My concern is that, if we wait for market forces to unfold, we won't be left with any choice. We know there's a finite amount of oil available. We know that the world population, mainly India and China, will become heavier oil consumers than the U.S. if we don't have an alternative scaled up, we'll be stuck with diesel Fiats.

I bought my V12 knowing full well what has mileage it achieved and that's the price I'm willing to pay to drive the car. I, along with the guys in the jacked up F250s have no room to complain about the price if gasoline. But give me a cool, useful alternative and I'll be ecstatic. That's why I do plan to replace my 760Li with a Tesla Model S in the next 12-18 months.