View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 06:03 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 F10 535i (loaner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankg11 View Post
So we have heard about all the stuff you can't put on your car without BMW voiding the warranty, CPO, extended warranty, etc.

So what can you put on your car that won't void the original 4yr/50K service warranty?

Also, I have a 2012 335is with 313's in 19". So does BMW have a performance brake upgrade for this care and will it void my warranty? I know they have Performance brakes for something close.

Thank you for any answers in advance.
Frankg,
This might be best answered by reading your warranty or lease terms. I believe these docs are pretty specific.

Having said this, my leased '05 E46 M3 had several mods that didn't seem to bother my dealer: light weight engine pulley (one of my car sponsors)...Eisenmann exhaust (cat back)...much lighter weight than the OE exhaust. Eibach anti-roll bars front and rear (sponsor), SSR wheels w/Toyo RA1 tires (sponsors)...that set off my indirect TPMS!

Nothing radical...no air intakes or engine mods. I never had any hassles at dealer service intervals. My car was used for company magazine ads, TV commercials...car shows, and of course BMW CCA track events ('A' Class). What a hoot. I didn't turn it in under lease as the residual was "favorable," vs. market value, so I purchased it off lease...kept it a few more years and sold it. By that time I had "defeated" at least 150 hamster Prius cars on the road. Quite a proud record IMO.
E46 M3 6MT
E39 528i 5MT
MBz W140 S320
MBz W124 300E (slammed)
(unmentionables in between)
'71 AMC Javelin (4-Spd Stick on the floor)
'67 Pontiac Firebird 'cabrio' (1st car - "the leaker")
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member: BMW CCA