View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 10:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 335i xDrive Msport
Question ED+PCD questions

Hello All:

I have been reading around for a while, been a verry long time lurker in the forums and recently joined the forum and been researching..

So, I had decided doing an ED.. and then I heard about the PCD and I could combine ED+PCD. I know there are long wait times involved, roughly 6-8 weeks from the day I drop off the car in Germany (4-6 weeks in transit and roughly 2 weeks based on availability of slots @ the centre).

My questions are:

1. Let's say, I did PCD with a CA who is not in my state, did my ED, dropped off the car, the car is stateside today and there are no slots available for the next 3-4 weeks. I don't want to wait that long:

i) Can I get the car without doing PCD now? - I have read somebody post that we can get the car at a dealership, but just want to be sure.

ii) If above is yes: Since I did not do the PCD with a local CA, am I forced to get delivery with the dealership to which my CA belongs? - that would mean I will have to travel to that dealer (in another state) and make arrangements to transport/drive my car back to my home.

iii) Or, can I get the car delivered to the dealer close to my home? If I can get it to a dealer close to my home, will there be requirement of any $$ being exchanged for them to take delivery of my car and handing over to me - esp when they did not make the deal?

2. When doing PCD and working with an out-of-state dealership, will I every be required to meet the CA in person? Or can everything be done over the phone/email/fax, etc? (I think it is closely related to ask-a-dealer forum, but its also about PCD.. so... )

3. I know that when you lease/finance, you don't pay for the time that the car spends on the ship - BMWFS covers that. But what happens when my car is stateside, but there are no slots at PCD? Am I paying for the car while it is sitting at the port/unavailable for PCD pickup? Or is it BMWFS paying?

Just want to add that I love the idea of PCD and really look forward to it, but I don't know if I will be contain myself knowing that my car has reached stateside and recalling how awesome the car felt a few weeks back. I might just want to give into the temptation and skip PCD.. if its keeping me away from my baby... I know I can get impatient at times..

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by Crzy'boutBimmer; 12-19-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Ads by Google