View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 01:03 PM
David

Mein Auto: E63 M6 & E92 335i
We used it on my friends 07 335i two summers ago. We did the window trim, wheels, and side markers. He had already bought a matte black grill that matched.

The finish is very nice. I would recommend doing six light coats. The thicker you spray it the easier it will be to remove. One coat is pretty much impossible to remove. We took the first wheel off, but decided to do the rest on the car. We stuffed news paper behind the wheels to guard the rotors and used an old sheet to block overspray on the car. We used playing cards tucked between the wheel and tire to block overspray on the tires. It gives a nice edge and is easier than tape.

My friend parks his car outside and drives it a lot. Last summer we put a few new coats on the wheels to freshen them up, although they didn't look too bad. The window trim and side marker looked nearly as good as the day we had applied it.

2008 E63 M6 - Black Sapphire - Sepang Bronze Full Merino - Carbon Fiber Trim - Alcantera Headliner - SMG - HUD - Soft Close Doors - Comfort Access - Individual Audio w/Sat and HD Radio
2009 E92 335i - Black Sapphire - Black Dakota - Burl Walnut - Sport - Premium - Cold Weather - Navigation - L7 - Comfort Access - Smoker's Package

Member: BMWCCA #471614