View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 08:54 PM

Mein Auto: 745i
Ok,

Since I started the work on the engine about eight month ago I don't remember all the details. I did not take pictures from the start so all pictures are recent. My guides are realoem and spaghetti websites. Also I crushed my left hand. It is painful to type but here it is:

1- Remove all covers. Main one on the top. Two on each side, one on each cylinder head.
The covers under the windshield must be moved to access the engine. There are two
ducts at each side that clip off.

2- Unplug and move all the cables. Gather them in one place by tape or rope hanging
of the bonnet. It is worth marking them but as I notice so far everything will plug
into particular socket.

3- Now take the spark plug coils out. Then spark plugs. My left bank spark plugs tubes
were full of oil however right bank was dry as. Tip of spark plugs were all black
considering I change them three months before opening the engine. I found that tubes
were lose and oil sipped through the lower holder and into the tube and through the
threads of plug into the cylinder chamber.

4- Taking the injectors are easy. All eight should pop off by pulling on them. There are two
washers on each. Brown and black. I change them and cover the whole unit in a wrap so
dust dose not block holes. By the way I clean the injectors individually too, but I was very
careful not to break the clips.

Ok I included some pictures. Not all related but will load more related pictures soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0415.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	354282   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0427.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	354283   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0423.jpg
Views:	94