View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 09 750i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by likegadgets View Post
The list price for a BMW issued 3 year insurance on the 20" tires and rims is around $1,850. The actual price depends on the type of tires, the car, the policy issuer and the deal for the car lease. My insurance was much less than the list, but as part of the deal difficult to say on its own.

The B&O with Sirius on the 2013 sounds much better than on the enhanced stereo on the 2010 I return, but not that spectacular. Is it worth the steep price? I suggest bringing a favorite CD and hearing it for yourself at a dealer.
$1850 is ridiculous, I don't care what kind of tires/wheels are on the car. You can get a premium aftermarket tire/wheel warranty for a fraction of that cost, and it covered my 21 inch Perillo PZero's with no issue (replaced 6 tires and three cracked rims). I purchased my original one a couple years ago (for my 06 7 series) from Bill Jacobs BMW for about $700. This included 5 years of coverage (or 100k miles from date of purchase, whichever is first). You should see if you can cancel that and get a refund, which you can do within 30 days I believe. Honestly, it should not matter what kind of tires/wheels are on the car, anything over $800 is pure profit for the dealership (according to what the finance manager told me). Not only that, coverage should be for 5 years.

As for the B&O system, for almost $4000 it should sound like the best system out there.. that's truly disappointing. Can you report on the quality of satellite radio?