View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 05:05 PM
cor door sedan
Mein Auto: 2013 550i xDrive
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
I had -zero- desire to sell it myself, so these were my only options, based on how lazy I am.
I hate selling a car. It takes too much time and requires accommodating potential buyers' need to test drive.

So whenever I sell a car (not on a trade in), I list it rock bottom to sell it quickly, usually within a few days of listing it and usually to the first person to test drive it.

However, this time I took a different route. I simply found the co-worker with the oldest BMW and offered him my 2008 535xi at mid private party blue book (he currently drives a 1997 3 series with 160K+ miles on it).

He bit. He already has financing lined up and ready for the car when my ordered 550 arrives.

This was the easiest sale I've had.

2013 550i xDrive | Jet Black | Venetian Beige | Dark Red Sycamore | M Sport | Dynamic Handling | Sport Auto Trans
2008 535xi | Jet Black | Cream Beige | Burl Wood | Sport

See, when the Government spends money, it creates jobs; whereas when the money is left in the hands of Taxpayers, God only knows what they do with it. Bake it into pies, probably. Anything to avoid creating jobs. - Dave Barry