Thread: Battery
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 07:54 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1997 740iL / 2006 X5 4.4
Smile Help us help you better...please give model/model year/build date info

Quote:
Originally Posted by essex.stuart View Post
1. Specifically, my left and right indicators on the cluster are not "lighting" or sounding off.

2. other cluster indicator lights such as high beam lights do not light or fog light indicator.

3. my parking sensor beeps have stopped working

4. and when i lock the car the lights dont flash to indicate the alarm is set.

5. the auto stick park light stays on even when the car is switched off and locked is that normal?

Could this be ignition switch problem?
So basically questions 1 & 2 seems to be related to the exterior lights not working as they should. All exterior lights are controlled by the LCM (light/lamp control module) and communicates on the I-bus. But everything you mention except for the fog lights...are also controlled by the turn indicator "stalk"...and I believe there is an issue wih the stalks that has been discussed many times before. Try doing a search using the term such as "turn indicator stalk"

Question 3...PDC...communicates on the I-bus. PDC sensors can stop working causing this issue. You can actually hear the sensors "clicking" if you walk around the car (once started AND in PARK)...the one NOT clicking is the culprit.

Question 4...FZV/DWA (central locking/anti-theft alarm siren system) communicates on the P-bus...but would send a data/signal from the P-bus, to the K-bus, then to the I-bus to tell the LCM to flash the lights. Sometimes a deeply discharged battery has caused some car/key memory settings to return to default settings...do you still get the audible alert when locking/unlocking the car?

And question 5...that little booger gets a lot of owners. It should stay illuminated up to 16 minutes...then turn off when the car goes to SLEEP. This light is connected to the P-bus (peripheral bus)...and indicates when the car is AWAKE. When the car is shut down, the P-bus stays awake for 16 minutes...if there are no "calls" (lifting of door handle, or remote buttons on the remote fob, opening of windows, etc)...then the car will go to SLEEP. Come back to the car after 16 minutes and see if the light has gone out...MAKE SURE that you DO NOT lift the door handle or the UNNLOCK button on your remote fob.

Q {BMW CCA Member #191509}
2006 E53 X5 4.4i (Sterling Gray) 12/05 mfg date <<~>> 97 740iL (Arctic Silver) 3/97 mfg date
(SOLD)
99 540iT (Orient Blue) <<~>> 95 525IT (Alpine White)
91 735iL (Schwarz Black) <<~>> 85 325e (Bronzit)

http://imageshack.com/scaled/grid240/822/e38e532ndsigpic.jpg

Last edited by QSilver7; 12-24-2012 at 08:16 AM.