View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Humble E34 lover

Mein Auto: 1992 525i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith86 View Post
I have 12v continuously at the connecter with key in position 2 "running" fuse is fine, i changed it to be sure. There does look to be a scorch mark on one of the solder points on the bottom side of the plate. When the connecter is plugged in there is no voltage to the solder points or to the leads that go to the pump

One note on that, Its possible that the 12v im seeing is for the Fuel level sensor which runs off the same plug.
Key in position 2 should not energize the pump continuously. In fact, from what my very dependable and competent independent mechanic told me (along with my experiment on this very issue on my E36), the only time the fuel pump is energized is upon turning the key to position 3 to crank the engine.

I suspect a bad fuel pump relay. Again, jumping terminals 30 and 87 at the fuel pump relay socket will supply continuous voltage to the pump. If your pump is good, and assuming that there is not a break in the wiring somewhere, then the pump should run and so should the car. If jumping the terminals fixes the no-start, then you need a new fuel pump relay. This is a common fail item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noego View Post
It's Deja Poo - as in, I've heard this **** before.
Steve

Calypso Red 1992 525i with 200K miles

1991 735i - Sold
1992 525i - Sold
1995 325is - Sold
2000 528i - Sold