Thread: First Trip
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 535xi GT
beevee, you have described the same feeling about riding in the GT that I have. When driving mine long distances, the limiting factor for me is not fatigue but bladder capacity and the need for coffee.

jad's point about it not 'looking like people want' is a valid one that those people hold to their detriment. but the 3 series GT is on its way next year and I note that there are a number of other non-BMW vehicles on the market that are showing the '4-door coupe' style as well. Those critics that say an Audi A7 is better looking are comparing a car with a 'car/SVU hybrid' which is what the GT was designed to be and then favoring the Audi for looking sleeker. Not an 'apples-to-apples' comparison and automotive journalists who make it that way are at best lazy and at worst intellectually dishonest. (Sorry, not very festlive of me on Christmas Eve , is it?)

We just had a foot of heavy, wet snow dumped on us this past weekend and my GT had no problem in any of it at all thanks to the x-drive and the Michelin winter run-flats which are no noisier on bare pavement than the summer Goodyears that came on the car.

We are off to the Philly area on the 27th (from Ottawa, Canada, about a 7 hour trip) and I look forward to the drive there and back (though I may have to share some of the driving with my wife so she can get used to it in addition to her 335 xi).

Last edited by Fish23; 12-24-2012 at 06:03 PM.