View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1997 328is, 2001 750is
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyb View Post
oh they're typical weather forecasters - and they're every bit as (in)accurate as yours in Utah - but the point is they're predicting in EXACTLY the same range as I predicted by looking out the window an hour before... they get paid tons and have doppler radar ... I have... half a clue and some experience of living here.... I'm no expert in weather - my grandad on my father's side was ... he worked on the land his entire life and between a rock covered in moss, some pine-cones and knowing which way the wind was blowing, he could give a REALLY accurate 72 hour forecast... to the point that I NEVER knew him to be wrong... he wasn't alone - all his age group were like that... but when I was 10, he was mid-70's - he's seen a LOT of weather... but he did teach me a few things about what to watch etc.
That's my kind of guy! I love it. Makes me wish I had someone to teach me stuff like that, both of my grandpas died when I was younger. I'm sure some of the tricks he taught you work well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeo3000 View Post
Snowbird and Powder Mountin seem to have had a good dumping recently. Which one would you recommend for snowboarding? The websites say they both require 4wd vehicles to get there! That may be a problem.
Powder is, as I recall, a much bigger resort than Snowbird, but Snowbird is always in the top 1-5 spots of resorts in North America. And the Bird usually gets more snow. If you stay in SLC, snowbird is roughly 20 minutes away, while Powder is about 45 min away. For most people, it's really a no brainer going to snowbird since they get dumped on and have wonderful runs. But I rather like how powder is out of the way and never crowded, and has beautiful terrain. If you've never been to either, I'd say go to the Bird, but both are great on powder days.