View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 328i m-sport EB2
odds of dealer having a RFT tire in stock... update (all rims broken, sigh)

being an idiot , i ran over some sort of short curb with my car on xmas eve after my family's xmas party.

actually scraped up the underside of my m-sport bumper (though its only on the bottom, so i guess you'll never see it unless you get down on the ground and look) so thats not my biggest concern.

but i blew out my front left tire with only 900 miles on it. i'm figuring i only have to replace the one tire for tread wear reasons at least

anyway its a bridgestone s001 . Given i have work tommorrow and work near a BMW dealer, do they usually have these in stock? its a pretty new tire... so im thinking maybe not (and it costs $300 on tirerack sigh). if they dont have it, do they give loaners or do you have to rent one?

Also i have to say runflat tires are kind of awesome. i had to drive home so i just drove 20 miles or so on it. its obviously jittery etc, but it will get you there at 45-50mph. now i could have changed out a dummy spare but still saving you from that is kind of nice, plus it did deflate in a very controlled manner.

Last edited by hans007; 12-29-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Ads by Google