View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '98 M E36/7:'06 Saab 9-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
Enlighten us why the N20 is a "masterpiece" when there are Asian V6 out there that makes more power and cost less annually in fuel, without direct injection of ZF 8-speed. Again, it is no quicker from idle than what it replaces (see 5-60mph from C&D to establish that).
You keep repeating yourself yet when I gave all the examples of your failed logic in reply to your examples you skipped over all the nearly irrefutable information I provided. I dispelled your weak 5-60mph advantage and showed you the muti second advantage of the N20 in 0-100 and 3-50-50-70 top gear acceleration.

Your 184hp straight 6 is a dog, it is smooth. I give you that. It does make nice induction sounds. I give you that. It's called being impartial. BUT, just as it is a deal breaker for some to lose out on those things, it's a deal breaker for me and others to have such a low powered base engine in the 328. In the past, the 328 was something I let my wife drive, and let's face it many base 3's from before, today and the future, those are who is driving them.

Instead, the N20 which I showed you FACTUALLY with your own numbers is SECONDS faster in meaningful measurements, and EPA MPG testing, or more realistic and accurate testing(or members who have had N52s and now have N20's), and the fact is you should know that factory forced induction has a lot of room for improved performance while the N52 had next to nothing. That appeals to plenty of people like me. My car will have an exhaust, tune, downpipe and intercooler and net 300+whp while keeping the 30+ MPG I regularly average. PLEASE PLEASE show me 300whp bolt on N52's with no forced induction where drivers indicate averaging 30+mpg.

E36/7: Dinan/RMS stage 2+ blower@11-16lbs of BOOST! 18" BBS LM's, too much more to list
F30: 6mt, SOLD

'06 Saab 9-5 wagon 5mt AERO+ TUNED

Last edited by Jamesonsviggen; 12-25-2012 at 03:36 PM.