View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 04:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 535Xi 6M
All:

This is my own personal experience and opinion. The brakes on this car are undersized for spirited driving and or track use. Keep in mind I do completely understand that this car is not made as a track car, etc. However I do wonder what would happen if you would be driving this car on the autobahn @ 100+ and came up on a car that was going much slower and had to actually use the brakes. Do this more than once per 30 minutes and the rotors have pad deposits (as some would say warped rotors). I do agree that my driving style is part of this problem and having a JB4, with other mods attributes to this issue LOL.

Latest for me..

I have had my car at the dealer for this issue no less than 3 X's. They always claimed that the front end was in perfect working order. I begged to differ. I finally had enough when the car wouldn't track straight anymore, of course strangely enough it was out of warranty. Hmm... I went ahead and replaced everything in the front end. I found out that there were bushings and ball joints that were bad. After replacement I can say that I have now gone 5 weeks without steering wheel vibration.

Just some more information on this thread.