Thread: washer pump
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 X3 2.5i
I haven't seen anyone reporting both pumps failing simultaneously, or with symptoms of no voltage at the pump.

Usual problem is one pump failing and/or leaking, with an easy solution of an OE or aftermarket replacement pump(s).

Sounds like you have narrowed the problem down to either the multi-function switch on the steering column, or a relay.

The washers are surely not like some other electrical components that interact with others through the CAN-bus?

So I don't think there is necessarily a control board that operates the pumps, unless by that you mean the switch beneath the lever.

For some less common problems it can be useful to search on the E46 board as well.

This sounds similar to your situation, except they of course don't have a rear washer on the sedans: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=618386

Doesn't tell you where that relay box is (behind the brake servo?) nor any followup from the OP on an outcome unfortunately.

Did you test both your O.E. pumps with the separate 12V feed and found they then worked, or does identifying the 3 terminals on them make that a non-starter?