View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 08:59 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindros2 View Post
FYI went great on my 2011 535i (build date 7/2010). Just stuck it in the glovebox USB and it started within 10-15 seconds.

Total time was about 45-50 minutes in the car (note: "copying to car" is the whole thing; I was afraid it would also have to expand once copied).

Other notes:
1. I was afraid to shut off the car, so I kept it running in my garage. I did however shut it off and back on during the load, but it continued.
>> I would not recommend walking away from the car with only ignition on/car not running since it might automatically shut down after 15-20 minutes (this was a software update to the car after mine and other early/mid builds burned out batteries when dealers/valets accidentally left cars on).
2. When I opened the door during the "enter code" screen, it automatically cancelled. So I had to start over before it started.
3. AFTER the load, my screen looked a lot more blurry (the grey/traffic screen got a lot better, btw). Turns out that "perspective during 3D" got more realistic, which = blurry). If you don't like it, turn off perspective during 3D.
4. It all seemed a lot slower at first, but got faster after turning car off/locking and then returning.
5. Initially the navigation version screen was completely blank, but similar to #4, it fixed itself.
6. I used a $15 Sandisk Cruzer Glide 32GB USB stick.

Er...I hope your Garage Door was open...

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips