View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 05:50 AM
0-60 in 4 secs or less!

Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
Lol. Yep, the 6er exactly as you have it equipped is pretty much the ideal automobile right now. Between that and a 991 911 I don't really need to look elsewhere (in an ideal situation). Only issue with the 6er is kiiind of tight headroom for me at 6'4+. I'd hate to spend that kind of dough and not be able to comfortably fit in the car. I can roll the backrest back quite a bit and be pretty comfortable, but if I sit upright, my head rubs against that nice alcantara above, and if in an unfortunate situation where the car would get rammed on the side occurs, my head could ram hard against the edge of the roof (where it dips downward).

At my height, a blessing and curse is not being able to comfortably fit in the "Coupe spin-offs" of the E and 5 Series type of cars (blessing because it forces me to save money for the same technical product, and curse because it forces me to settle for the lesser expensive version of the same technical model ).

I got a quote for $2K drive off and just over $670 a month including tax on 39 months/10K a month on a 2013 535i which MSRP's at around $63K. Is that a good deal? Called some other salesman and they claimed they couldn't touch it.
Although is would appear the 6er is the same technical product as the 5er, there are some less than obvious differences, such a the use of aluminum instead of steel in the front & rear sub-frames that are behind the additional cost. Too bad about the headroom though, I would have thought the 6er would have supported up to 6'4", but when you look at the percentage of the population that are 6'4" of taller, I bet it is a pretty small number, so BMW may have written you off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
Hmm, don't know any of that but I'll try and find out.

All I know is the car's MSRP is about $62.9, it's a 535i with M Sport, etc., it's using the Holiday Discount and about $5K in dealer contribution to bring the price down a little over $5K on the car, and I don't qualify for the BMW retention bonus or App bonus stuff.

I gave them a low offer and they came back with $2K drive off and $678 a month. I checked a few other dealers and none seemed to be able to match that deal. Though I've searched online and seen others get a bit better.

I'm not fully serious on the car, again, so I haven't dove into it much.. yet.
Major assumptions: No trade-in. Sales tax at 6% and rolled into the lease payment. Registration/doc fees at $300. Acquistion fee at $725. US MSRP at 62,895. US Invoice at $58,030k. Training Fee at $180 included in the Invoice. 39mo residual at 0.58. MF at 0.000125. Security Deposit at $0. Plugging in all of those numbers, I get a sales price of $380 below Invoice. To get to your monthly payment AND using my assumptions, the dealer contribution works out to be $5,250.

2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)