View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 05:56 AM

Mein Auto: 1995 BMWM3
1995 M3 front suspension and dishonest folks

My BMW mechanic has advised that I need new front shocks. I was surprised to hear that I'm running with E36 shocks but not the M3 shocks. The car was in an accident several years ago and I guess the nice folks at the body shop decided to save some money and not use the M3 shocks. Needless to say I always wondered why the front shocks bottomed out so easy on relatively small bumps. I understand the standard shock is longer than the M3 shock that my car is designed for. That brings me to my question: I need to purchase new M3 shocks. I want the OEM ride but the cost at BMW is about $400 per shock. Any advise on which shock to buy that will compare with the OEM shock or do I have to bite the bullet and buy OEM? Now that the body shop, that is no longer in business, has screwed me, will the M3 shock bolt in or did they change other parts to get the standard E36 shocks to fit? The car is in great shape but it has 210,000 miles on it. Do I need to replace the springs too? Thanks for your help.
Ads by Google