View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 06:17 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostz View Post
I'm looking at getting a 09 328xi coupe and I just wanted to know if there is a big difference (other than 0-60mph) in overall driving experience between the 328 and the 335. Right now I have an 02 Camry which has around 157 hp so I think anything will be fast in comparison. I can afford the 328 but the 335 I'd be a bit tight on money. So I'd just like to hear your thoughts.

The very thought is absurd. In truth, they are the same engine. One has valvetronic [328i] and the other turbos [335i].

Apples and oranges are, in the final analysis, both fruit.

Some say one if faster than the other, but that is often misinterpretation, depending on the driver and road conditions. Naked truth: Both vehicles sport exactly the same suspension and performance thereof.

One pays more for turbos. Do not be intimidated! Unless you wish to modify, you may not notice a difference. However, engine modification, on a 335i, will result in a much faster car at the cost of its warranty, invalidated.

We are interested in your decision - please post! And keep in mind that statistically, 328i is a more reliable machine.