View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 07:11 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 328i SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post

I get whipped all the time by other cars in stoplight racing[when I have that 328 as a loaner], where you might need to anticipate a jerk 1 second ahead with the 335i you need to do it 10 seconds ahead in the 328i. Also all the silky smooth talk I never notice that, its jerky as hell taking the foot off the gas and reengaging the car.

It may not be a big difference with suspension, interior exc., but you will get your butt kicked A LOT in a 328.

Get an IS350 if you want reliability (and it'll still be faster)

The only thing I'd worry about is the OP said he'd already be stretched just getting into it, and could find himself at the dealer within a month needing VANOS, Turbos, exc. and may not have the funds to fix the car.

*fun thing about the 328i is you can put your foot to the floor and make the the engine noises and still not be going over the speed limit
And here we go....

OP: The 328i does 0-60 in low 6's and 1/4 mile in mid to high 14's. The 335 does 0-60 in mid to high 5's and quarter mile in mid to high 13's. So there is a quite a difference acceleration wise between the two. The 328 is roughly 200 lbs lighter than the 335 and some say it is a little more tossable on turns but the difference is minimal. The biggest issues with the 335 is its reliability record and it is something you should research before purchasing the vehicle. Go test drive few of them and make your decision then. I had a 335Xi rental when my RWD 328i SP was getting work done and I really missed the 328, so it really depends on what you like more.