View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 08:34 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by X1-tahoe View Post
I am a bit disappointed that non-iDrive doesn't allow for bluetooth music streaming. I feel like even the Hyundai(s) I rent on business trips have that, how much more would that have cost BMW to include since I believe it's just a software thing.
Totally agree. I bought a new Ford fiesta earlier this year, with only mediocre options, and even that streams music from my phone via bluetooth, and it will begin doing so with a simple voice command. I had simply (and foolishly as it turns out) assumed that certainly, BMW would offer this as standard. After all, it's 2012/13. Streaming music is the new Compact Disc!

I read some posts from another thread which suggested the lack of streaming via bluetooth, is not so much the fault of software, as it is a fault of the head unit on the non-iDrive cars. Need to dig into that more to see if there's any truth to that, and if so... would a simple head unit swap work? Nah... nothing could be THAT easy.

I am taking delivery of my X1 today; it does not have iDrive so it will not stream music. I'm hoping some ingenuity will fix that. At the very least, I'm sure I can find an elegant aftermarket solution.