View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Raoul Duke

Mein Auto: Great Red Shark
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92116 View Post
http://www.proclipusa.com/

If you want to mount your cell phone on your dashboard, because maybe you're a Waze fan, this company is for you.

Car dashboards are a horror for mounting anything aftermarket. They're full of curved surfaces, and different materials, often textured, so that suction cups don't work, etc.

So this company has a two part solution. One part specialized for your specific car, and the other part specialized for your particular phone. The two parts screw together.

You tell them your car's make & model & year, and they identify the right part for the car. Some of them clip on air conditioning vents, some of them clip into dashboard seams, etc.

You tell them your phone make & model, and they give you a selection of different parts that can hold the phone. Some tilt, some don't. Some have openings for a charger cable. Some have a built in charger cable. Etc.

Huge array of stuff.
Love Waze! And I knew about the proclip products. I've considered getting one because the phone heats up to ridiculous temps with the screen staying on. Mounting on the vent keeps it cool. But this is something we only use for long trips or out of town locations. Otherwise, the stock nav is what I use.

Saw a post on another forum that suggest black Crayola modeling clay.