Thread: grade of gas
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Seek to understand,^Value

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudaBmw View Post
Is it ok for my car to take ultra 94, will it be better?
This is a typical troll question - so - I'll be brief.

If your engine was designed for, say, 91 AKI, and if it's running properly (i.e., timing, exhaust gas recirc, cooling, compression, etc.), and if you're not lugging the engine or towing trailers up steep hills ... then ... it's IMPOSSIBLE to get better anything (i.e., performance, mpg, power, etc.) using a higher octane rated fuel than what the engine was designed for. Period.

Don't argue with me. Just read the references as this is extremely well documented and very well known by all but the youngest kids out there.

- What engine fuel & octane does my BMW need (1) & The Gasoline FAQ & top-tier gas stations (1) & what gasoline to use (1) & how much gas should be left to cool the fuel pump (1) & how to siphon the fuel out of the tank (1) & does spilled gasoline go into the charcoal canister (1) & what is the true cost differential between 87 & 91 octane AKI (1)