View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 06:45 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 50i M Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoI4plz View Post
Very true!, however MB has some real supply issues on the features they promise in their marketing material. In addition, the tech they currently offer is somewhat antiquated off the line. In addition, their protocols for certain features make me question on their GUI decisions and also their final testing parameters (ie. very unfriendly sometimes and laggy).
My test is whether I can figure out the system in 5 minutes or less. My wife's 2012 GL fails--we've had it a year, and I still get annoyed at it. COMAND is easily the worst piece of cockpit tech I've seen. The '13 ML was only slightly better, principally because they've finally added a wheel in place of the idiotic cursor buttons. You're right about supply issues...I was told it could be until April before I could get an ML 550 because of a leather shortage. (Side rant: This is a $75k car, and you're telling me it comes with leatherette? Thanks, Chrysler.) (Side rant 2: Why does MB "hide" options? Did you know you can get the AMG active cornering in the 550? Or the sport suspension, without the full off-road kit? No, because their website doesn't show it...why, exactly?)

Our 2008 335 idrive was garbage of an equal magnitude to the GL, but I'm quite pleased with the newer version. It's still more complex than Audi MMI, but, as I've come to realize in a few days of ownership, idrive is responsible for and capable of much, much more (I do wish it would preview songs on satellite, however, like MMI does...though with BT streaming and Pandora through BMW Apps, I really shouldn't care THAT much).