View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by safelder View Post
My test is whether I can figure out the system in 5 minutes or less. My wife's 2012 GL fails--we've had it a year, and I still get annoyed at it. COMAND is easily the worst piece of cockpit tech I've seen. The '13 ML was only slightly better, principally because they've finally added a wheel in place of the idiotic cursor buttons. You're right about supply issues...I was told it could be until April before I could get an ML 550 because of a leather shortage. (Side rant: This is a $75k car, and you're telling me it comes with leatherette? Thanks, Chrysler.) (Side rant 2: Why does MB "hide" options? Did you know you can get the AMG active cornering in the 550? Or the sport suspension, without the full off-road kit? No, because their website doesn't show it...why, exactly?)

Our 2008 335 idrive was garbage of an equal magnitude to the GL, but I'm quite pleased with the newer version. It's still more complex than Audi MMI, but, as I've come to realize in a few days of ownership, idrive is responsible for and capable of much, much more (I do wish it would preview songs on satellite, however, like MMI does...though with BT streaming and Pandora through BMW Apps, I really shouldn't care THAT much).
Maybe its because the executives are still traumatized PETA protest?

http://animalrights.net/2004/peta-la...her-interiors/

I thought I read an article where PETA delivered a mock cow's head to the headquarter of Mercedes-Benz. I can't find any information regarding that protest.

I actually don't like leather that much. It breaks easily and require maintenance. The reason I still pick it over standard man made material is because the man made stuff are not better in how it feels. If technology can match leather in quality and last longer under heavy use, I will switch to that material any time of the day.

Last edited by henrycyao; 12-27-2012 at 08:36 PM. Reason: correct typo