View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 07:12 AM
Dreaming of Track Days

Mein Auto: ED'd 330Ci / E30 325i
Given that both are xi, I'd go 330 > 325 as the engine makes a the biggest difference (outside of manual vs automatic). Just look at how many 325i owners' first posts are "how do I make my car faster."

If comparing automatics, the 330xi wins because the 330xi has the same gearing as the 325xi. If comparing manuals, the 330xi wins because it has the 6-speed. The only 325 I'd consider would be the Touring, because no 330 Touring was imported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emrocha4 View Post
No there is more than then that. It also included cruise control. The car was also given sport seats which provided better bolstering and support than the stock seats. They also had adjustable thigh supports and were available in manual or power. The sports package also offered 17-inch wheels standard, which came with staggered lower profile tires. Rear-wheel-drive models ordered with the Sport package also received sport suspension, which offered improved handling by way of firmer springs.
Not really.

(1) 330xi came standard with 17" wheels (because of item #5). Neither 325xi or 330xi had staggered wheels. Only RWD 330i/330Ci got staggered wheels with the Sport Package.
(2) 330xi came standard with power (non-sport) seats - optional on the 325xi.
(3) At least by 2005 (not sure when and don't feel like looking it up), cruise control was standard on ALL E46s in the USA.
(4) 2005 330xi came standard with HK stereo.
(5) All 330's have bigger front and rear brakes than 325's.
(5) What the RWD models get with the Sport Package doesn't apply to this discussion.
.................................................. ............................................. Space for rent .................................................. ..........................................