View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 03:24 PM

Mein Auto: 1995 740i
Unable to open Trunk

Hello everyone,

I have a 1995 740i. The car has some battery drain problem I guess and it dies every day or two. The battery is just 6 months old so I guess its not an issue with the battery itself.

The real problem is I cant open the trunk to analyse the battery.

Fortunately I have left my doors open so I can open the car and the bonnet to jump start the car.

When I try to jump start the car nothin happens, I use a booster to jump start the car and it usually shows me the voltage available in car's battery. But now it shows nothing. I am guessing either the car's battery is totally dead or there is some electrical connection problem. When I hook up the booster and turn it on nothing happens. There are no lights in dashboard and I cant open the trunk using the button above the brake pedal.

One more weird thing is I dont have a key slot in my trunk. I just have a push button with a hole. So I can not open the trunk manually using the key either.

Are there some other ways you can open the lid? I saw few people suggesting to drill a hole under the license plate and pull the wire underneath it to open the trunk. I live in Calgary and its mostly -10C or worse during this time of the year so it makes more difficult. I cant work on the car for more than 15 or 20 minutes.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited by hbharani; 12-28-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Advertisement