View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 X3 2.5i
I thought that Interstate was just a marketing company - they don't seem to have any manufacturing plants.: http://corporate.interstatebatteries...andmilestones/
(That's why they used the name Interstate - their business was a distributorship trucking batteries to their franchised dealers, some of who operate out of their homes.)

At one time, there was no telling who made their batteries but nowadays it is just a brand name under the Johnson Controls umbrella.

The Megatron Plus appears to be the same as, or very similar to, the Varta or other make O.E. battery fitted in many BMW's & M-B's over the years.

It's a fine battery. I passed my O.E. battery along at just prior to 9 years, to the owner of an old VW 411. Still had green eye and was probably good for another couple of years but I didn't want to chance it.

Even if it continued starting the X3 without any problem, there is always the prospect of getting weird electronic gremlins or random trouble lights with a tired battery.

Other Interstates without the Megatron Plus designation I have heard can be very ordinary or even below-average batteries, which might account for the conflicting ownership experiences.

You can't make a pile of money from multi-level marketing unless you cover both ends of the quality (and price) spectrum.