View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchrisv View Post
The funny thing is the OP will likely post in a few days and advise us he decided to just go with the dealer he is working with because they have been so nice. I've seen it plenty before. You know what? If you are happy with the price and experience that is good
Very likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
I feel bad for you OP, but I'm constantly amazed by all the people who do a special order and never have their CA pull the Vehicle Inventory Report to check/double-check your options. The factory doesn't just make a mistake like this, your dealer forgot to spec the 6MT. And it could have been caught be just looking at the VIR the dealer can easily pull for you, right after he submits your order.
This is true, but virtually no one outside a forum like this has any idea what a VIR is or even knows it exists. Also, people don't realize the order automatically defaults to an automatic transmission and that a very specific change must be marked to ensure the car is equipped with a manual transmission.

In this case an inept CA who doesn't care enough about the details of his customer's custom order is responsible for this error not being caught and corrected.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **