View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 08:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 X5 3.0
check over on xoutpost.com and search 'door stuck"

here are two threads to get you started

http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-foru...-fix-pics.html

http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-foru...le-fix-13.html

three quick pointers-

1) since it is winter and you live in the NE you should take the time to spray some lubricant (teflon or such) on the cable to avoid the dreaded bmw door freeze up

2) after you pour through the threads and do a search as well, you may want to attempt to have someone assist with a) you pulling on the outside handle while they simultaneously pull on the inside handle, while also simultaneously pushing the central lock/unlock button. My wife and I did this (really patiently) after pushing the locking pin down. We attempted about 25 - 35 x. and on the 35th attempt, voila!! it opened. Have not had a problem since. So, don't worry it may be something simple. (Basically what Wayne's World from PA suggested above, but it didn't happen immediately. It took a few minutes, a LOT of patience, and finally happened!)

If I didn't already I'd like to thank Wayne's World for the great suggestion. IT WORKED perfectly! So start there. Inevitably if you go the surgical route and rip apart the door and replace a carrier, or regulator or whatever, of course that will work. But I think for a lot of cases it may be a lot simpler and due to the 'finicky' nature of the german engineered mechanisms.

3) Also, if the door is locked and unable to be opened a tip in one of the threads in lieu of ripping the window out was to remove the back seat bottom. I didn't need to in my case but apparently it lifts out, giving you access to the side door panel/trim.

Anyway, try all the simple stuff first before you resign yourself to ripping out the door & sometimes it is connected to the weather/freezing.

hope that helps

Last edited by bpk1122; 12-28-2012 at 08:20 PM. Reason: add