View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 09:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X1
Any of you looking to add bluetooth music streaming to your non-iDrive BMW need to look no further than the Blackberry Music Gateway. http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...A172A11438.htm You can also buy this together with a great micro USB charger for only 10 dollars more. This adapter does not have a battery, but will automatically come on with your car when powered via the cigarette lighter. It plugs in to the 3.5mm aux port and is very tiny and able to be tucked away and velcroed to the side or top of the pocket right next to your aux and usb ports.

I have been using this for a week or so and it pairs up flawlessly every single time. I have never had to fiddle with it EVER. It is as OEM of a solution as you can find currently. Because this adapter is considered A2DP only, and has no microphone, your phone will automatically default to using the OEM bluetooth for phone calls. In the case of a phone call, your bluetooth audio will fade out and you will be presented with the call. When the call is ended your music will fade back in and resume just as you would expect via the OEM solution.

My only complaint is that I can very slightly decipher the difference between using the bluetooth adapter and using the 3.5mm wire, as the volume is slightly lower and the sound quality is just a tiny bit worse than when using the wired setup.

All in all, this is currently as good as you can get for a plug and play A2DP adapter that integrates flawlessly with our cars. It truly is a set and forget solution.

I have searched far and wide, and until someone releases an adapter that uses a higher bluetooth version (which will increase sound quality) and still operates as flawlessly as this setup does, I will be sticking with it.

Edit: You can get the entire blackberry music gateway and premium in-vehicle charger for $50.95 shipped if you use the link above and then apply coupon code: TAKE15 (which gives 15% off of your order). That basically means that adding the vehicle charger and using the coupon code makes the vehicle charger free.

Last edited by conceyted; 12-28-2012 at 09:16 PM.