View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 12:09 AM

Mein Auto: 91' e34 535i
Thanks for the responses guys.

Radian: You're absolutely right, the pump is to help assist flow, I was under the impression though that in this specific case that the auxiliary pump only showed noticeable difference when at idle in VERY cold weather, other then that it was deemed partially unnecessary since coolant flows fast/harder with RPM's.

and as stated but to be more specific, all 3 hoses at the firewall are hot at temp, with the hose leading back to the rear of the head (closest to firewall) being just slightly cooler than the rest, just barely noticeable.

If I sit at 4500 more or less rpm driving in gear the heat does NOT get significantly getting.
I have been using tap water with my coolant shame on me.

Tomorrow i will go buy a few jugs of distilled water and perhaps attempt a basic heater core flush with a garden hose, and see if I cant successfully get any grime out of the core and replace as much of that city water as possible.

I "tested" a heater valve and pump i picked up from a wrecked vehicle in town, got it for very cheap and plugged in the leads to both the heater valve and the pump.
The valves are good but no spinning from the pump. The reason I put in quotations is because that may not be legitimate way to test this units pump.