View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 11:40 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by srtudas View Post
Hello everyone! I am new to the forums and I have just run into a huge problem with my 2004 X5 4.4I. The problem is with the brakes. When we took it in to get it fixed they said that there was something wrong with the master cylinder that controls the brakes. I don't really know what this is but apparently it is not working properly. We already checked the brake fluid in the reservoir and it was the right amount. Once they fixed that problem the shop noticed another bigger problem with the brakes that is going to cost up to $5,000. This car is giving me a heart attack! This car is amazing how many things can go wrong at the same time. And we just repaired the control arms for the rear and front wheels which was about $5,200 for both the front and back. WE JUST FIXED THE CONTROL ARMS A WEEK AGO!!!!! The car has 115,000 miles on it. I can't even think about what will go wrong in a month from now. I am thinking about replacing it with a new car. Maybe a CPO ML350 or a X5 3.0i. Maybe even a new GMC Yukon Denali. Don't really know what to do. We are already fixing the car today until Wednesday. Should we sell it, or keep it until 200,000?
$5,000 for brake work? About the only thing I can think of that might be that expensive is the ABS module. Even then I would think $5,000 is way too much for something like that. Is the $5,000 to replace the master cylinder?