View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 07:06 AM
328i xDrive Commuter

Mein Auto: 2013 328i xDrive Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK View Post
Let me repeat my question: Other than fuel economy, in what way is the N20 better than the N54?
The lighter engine provides a better handling car. Removing the wieght of the two extra cylinders lightened the front end giving that more balanced feel of the car. Although I have the xDrive with standard suspension, the front still feels lighter and doesn't dive as much in the turns. Read the different reviews from profesionals and they like the feel of the 328i better over the 335i. With the turbo 4 in the RWD configuration you have a perfect 50/50 balance not avalible with the heavyer 6. So the answer is lighter weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsor027 View Post
Honestly I believe the F30 328i guys are getting quite silly trying to compare the N54 or N55 with the N20. No comparison people. NONE....

....So yes BMW did a remarkable job with the N20 I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a classic, but it can't compare with the N54/55 6s.
Just the mere fact that this being discussed is a tribute to the N20 motor! The N54/N55 motors are spectacular performance engines. But the 328i F30 does not feel underpowered like the previous E90. Two years ago when I was starting to test drive the E90, the 328xi was too weak and I was going to get the 335xi. However, I waited for the new model and then I test drove both, I was so completely impressed with the N20, the performance difference between the two models is not as great as it used to be. For me, the question then became, is the 335i worth the $3,700 premium?

2013 328i xDrive / 8-Speed / Imperial Blue / Everest Grey / Sport Package / Premium Package / Tech Package / Heated Seats