View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 08:21 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E46 E89 F30(Msport)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyboy View Post
That is one beautiful car. I love the redesign.

How was your E90? My wife is thinking about getting one. Our local BMW dealer has two certified black '09 328s in the low $20ks - each with 30K miles. Also has a certified '11 with 8k miles for $30,000. One of the appeals is the 50K mile free service and potentially 4 more years of warranty.
The E90 was a nice little car. We went with our little 328 as it had the in-line 6r we liked so much - it was reliable - in 78,000 miles it never needed a repair. And sadly..... it was HEAVY. It was slow off the line and it struggled in the passing lane - the transmission was lazy - it didn't want to shift. If I found myself in a red light camera intersection - it was tough to get that car out of the line of fire before the camera went off and I got a little suprise in the mail. The handling was still great, but it was slow when you compared it to other BMW's we have owned in the past. Our 2005 330xi would easily beat the 2009 going down the street. (we still have the 2005 with 184,000 miles - it's still a blast to drive) At the end of the day, the 328 was a very nice plain jane sedan.

The F30 though - HOLY CRAP that thing is FAST!! It feels like a muscle car, and off the line, this car WANTS to blast up through the gears. The F30 - I just know....... in 8 years, we're still going to walk up to this car and say "Man this thing is still a blast to drive!!" Which for me, is what BMW is about - or it should be. (on another note - I put it into comfort mode on the way home last night and averaged 32 MPG).