View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 07:44 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMonkey View Post
My CA didn't really convey to me that he knew much about the MSD program, saying very few people do it

BMW ordering guy said that he always bumps the base MF by .00040 (the maximum allowed by BMW) in order to allow the BMWFS peeps to get their commission. So he bumped it to 0.00165 and then minus 0.00049 by 7 SD gives 0.00116, which is still better than the original MF they wanted to give me lat night at 0.00125. Didn't seem like he would budge on that +40 buy rate points policy he has...

Sage advice:

• Look everything over; decide on your best price.
  • Make appointment with your dealer contact/salesman and go over everything with him in detail. Is this your salesman?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Salesman 001.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	355044

• Having taken an hour to go through all - important you take at least that long - with long face and clearly in pain, allow as how the price is high, you still feel the shock & agony of your order "substitution," and you must take a few days to think about it. Click on image below for the reaction you should expect.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ricky Ricardo [b].gif
Views:	59
Size:	304.4 KB
ID:	355043

• Get ready for action! Expect your salesman to suddenly come alive, limber and open to options!
  • First and foremost, realize that your dealer is dung. They lied, lied, and lied again. Flock 'em - you're not their pidgeon.
  • Remember: You're in the hands of a con man when you just know he's a good guy.
  • Your negotiation will now be your revenge, best served cold. Have a Consumers' Union poop sheet on actual dealer costs + incentives, quickly available online; add just 2.5% to that for profit - no more. Don't show 'em this, just use it without mercy.

BEST o'luck to ya!

Enquiring minds 'round the Bay want to know: Which dealer was this?

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 12-29-2012 at 07:54 AM.