View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 09:04 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 06 550i
Need some help with overheating

Hey guys, I'm in need of a bit of help. Currently my wife's car is overheating. It used to just overheat if it idled fie a few mins and it also had no heat. It now overheats while driving. The car hasn't been driven in about 2 months, since I just got back from deployment I went to have a look at it. The car started fine and it got up to temp just fine also. I drove it around the block a few times, it still had no heat but was not overheating. Suddenly there was a slight burning smell and the wife said now its gonna start to heat up. Sure enough the needle started creeping over. I took it back and popped the hood and heard some sizzling. After looking around I found the sound of it and have circled it in the pics below.

I've tried searching for these symptoms and found a topic about it while I was out a few months ago but cant find it now. Do you guys have any advice on what I can do/look into to getting this fixed? The only major issue the car is about an hour away from my house at her mom's so troubleshooting might be a tad bit difficult but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement