View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Gib mir Feurschutz!

Mein Auto: 2013 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavf01 View Post
I have seen a lot of them with nitrogen in them. Mine dint have it from the dealership itself. would you recommend switching to nitrogen and is it any advantageous?
Lots and lots of people argue both ways on nitrogen, but personal experience I'd never go back. People typically argue cost if they have to swap out, but even if you goto Americas Tire/Discount Tire it's only like $75 iirc.

The tires do change temps but less radically than just air, and you can always refill (if you have to) with air at the local gas station in an emergency like say from a nail in a non-RF.

Like I mentioned my cars sit outside when at work, and in past cars that didn't have nitrogen, the tires would be very low, then rise back up and regain like 90-95% pressure after driving on the freeway. But it always seems like I lost a little bit each time. That's not my experience with nitrogen.

If you do get a nitrogen swap don't go to a dealer, they will grossly overcharge you. The local dealer I love listed a nitrogen swap for like $300 they're still a dealership at the end of the day...

2013 BMW 750i - Coded, Executive, Lighting, Cold Weather, M Sport, M 303 Wheels, 5% Tint, Conti DWS Tires, 3M Bra, Vinyl Black Gloss Roof Wrap, Exhaust Flap Mod.