View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 11:06 AM
Lost but making good time

Mein Auto: '11 335xi Sedan
The vibrancy and variety of colors offered loosely follows economic trends, and has for decades. Better times increase the popularity and availability of brighter colors. When the financial outlook is more somber, so are car colors. It's far from an exact match but the correlation is noticeable when you look back over 60-70 years.

On the bright side (pun intended), things are looking up. My local BMW center currently has Fire Orange, San Marino Blue and Estoril Blue cars on the showroom floor. I've seen three Z4s in the area in Atacama Yellow. Melbourne Red on the F30 is getting numerous takers. I am seeing a lot of brightly-hued cars from other makers, in particular Hyundai's Veloster.

BMW (and its buyers) is more conservative than Hyundai and "safe" combinations will always dominate. Color is at last making a comeback, though!

N47 35' 30.13" E11 10' 33.36" - End of break-in...you can guess what came next. BMW CCA