View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 05:02 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 535xDrive; '98 Z3 2.8
I was a high mileage driver in my "work" cars [always had a "toy" reserved for sunny days]. So when one of my cars was ready to be replaced the 'old' one went to one of the kids. They didn't seem to mind much after my first recycle [a Red Rabbit diesel] went to the oldest [our son]. He was always a VW fan and at 17, any car was welcome - especially one that could be driven all week on $5 of fuel! When he graduated college he bought his own VW - a GTI! So the Rabbit was passed to the middle child who promptly replaced the sagging headliner with an Andy Warhol Campbell Soup print material - SOooooo appropriate! She drove that through her undergraduate years {except when the bitter cold 0-degree Syracuse winters left it parked at her Sorority House}. When she graduated my A VW Quantum Wolfsburg Edition ... 5cyl 5 speed ... was ready to recycle so it went to her. And, coincidentally it was time for me to upgrade my daily drivers so I bought my 'first' BMW an '86 e28 524TD!

And the WV Rabbit (now renamed to the "Energizer Bunny") was passed to our 'baby'. She drives a Prius now :-(

Of all the cars we've passed on or bought for the kids I always felt the WV Rabbit best met important criteria for our youthful drivers: (1) Safe, (2) conservative, and at the time, (3) just trendy enough so they wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen by neighbors, friends, & peers.

"Seek and ye shall find" ... start with your owner's manual!

Get add'l discounts and cash rebates at your favorite e-stores incl Tirerack!

Mr. Rebates

Last edited by luigi524td; 12-30-2012 at 05:06 AM.