View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Passat 1.8T MT
I have been reading and posting on usenet newsgroups and BB format forums for about 16-18 years, and I don't think I have come across a more sensible bunch than this forum.

I carefully read all your well thought out posts and remembered why I had crossed the G37 off my list. First, it was obviously not discounted this heavily when I checked it out a while back. Second, I have estimated that it would cost me between $1000 to $1300 more a year in gas, negating all the savings during the minimum of 5-6 years I intend to keep the car. Third, while I would be getting a lot of features with this fully loaded G model, I actually don't care for a number of them.

So in the end, what matters is what I end up paying for a driving experience and a set of features I want. The fact that I may be getting bonus features that I otherwise would not pay for doesn't change the price equation. In terms of street price, the 328i configuration I am considering costs $39-40K and the A4 range is $34-37K. Those are the right comparison price points for me, not the equivalently loaded BMW and Audi. The loaded G37 6MT Sport will end up costing more than any of the BMW/AUdi configurations I am considering once gas is factored in. But for people who would appreciate all the extra features and are willing to pay for them in the 328i, the Infiniti seems worthy of some serious thought.

Off for a few days....