View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 01:54 PM
328i xDrive Commuter

Mein Auto: 2013 328i xDrive Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris16 View Post
Insurance is an issue I believe it costs more to cover for the bmw, and I own a accord already so I know what I'm getting. The BMW becomes pricey with the options I would want. The accord is 10K cheaper and they are reliable. However the BMW is a great drive but how is reliability ? It's smaller than the accord and I have a family of 5 with one heading to college so bigger is fine. With gas not lowering in awhile I'm not sure I want to pay for premium all the time no matter how much more it is. I like to save money where I can. It's a tough decision.
I'm not looking for attention, I like to stay low key.
I went from an Accord V6 to an Acura in 2005. The cost jump was $5K more for the TL vs the V6 Accord in'05. I wanted a BMW at the time but with the new model Acura and the outgoing model BMW I went with the new Acura. The '05 Acura was more powerful than the '05 E46 BMW unless I went to the 330 version which made it a $10K difference at that time! For the 135K miles I put on the Acura, the only repair outside of normal maintenance was for an O-ring on the steering pump, that is impressive. But I do not like the look and feel of the new Acura nor the layout of the interior, I prefer the more traditional gauges. As far as low key, avoid the flasher models (sport or M-sport) and stay with the Base, Modern or Luxury.

I just sold my Acura TL and the annual cost for the new 2013 BMW xDrive was $220 more annually over my 2005 Acura (A simple call to the insurance agent with both configurations will be more accurate). A more accurate method to price a BMW out is to configure on the BMW Config website:

http://bmwconfig.com/BmwConfig/Config.aspx

Put the model in the box: 2013 328i xDrive and build it out. Estimate a realistic price at $500-1000 over the invoice cost. A note: BMW rotates on 60 day incentives (6 per year). The holiday incentive (I think it ends 12/31/2012 but not positive) is $1,000 if you finance with BMW (lease or purchase) with a $250 Apps credit if you have an Apple I believe. Some have posted here on 84 month financing at 1.79% I believe. BMW will have a new incentive in January. I do not know what the incentives on Honda are.

2013 328i xDrive / 8-Speed / Imperial Blue / Everest Grey / Sport Package / Premium Package / Tech Package / Heated Seats

Last edited by kpgray; 12-30-2012 at 02:14 PM.