View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 02:49 PM
1990 325i Convertible

Mein Auto: 1990 325i convertible
Swapped in a m52

I'm guessing you are a bit more mechanically inclined that me if you swapped out your motor! 200 horses definitely makes her a sleeper!

What are your thoughts about swapping out the rear end to increase your fuel efficiency?

My little 1990 325i convertible is all stock and has plenty of power - but does lack the fuel efficiency I was expecting. I guess that's what I get for not researching the car before I bought it and expecting it to get as much as my 325es did.

I tried filling her up with 91 octane that contained no ethanol. MPG improved by 2 miles per gallon, but if cost me 50 cents more/gal... so that was a wash. Almost as if the gas company knew that was going to be that way!

I now drive my car two miles on a country road and jump on the interstate and drive 24 miles, then get off a mile from work - so most of my commute is highway.

Any thoughts? I mean... honestly, I should not complain about a 23 year old car getting 25 mpg... but every bit helps.

Do you have any pics of that 4.10 in your e30?

My ETA at the highest got 28mpg, swapped in a m52 and got that with the 2.92 plus 200hp+ with M cams. Then put in a 4.10