View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordoor View Post
I was referring to the way they reworked the packages and options. If I remember right, the number of individual options was reduced and those options placed into packages like the executive package.

They created a few new packages because of this, such as the dynamic handling package. They also consolidated features. For example, with 2013, you cannot get just a sport package with paddle shifters. You have to get M sport to get the paddle shifters.

There were significant changes. I remember having a 2012 build designed that had everything I wanted like paddle shifters and so forth without having to get M Sport. And it had those really classy looking gazillion spoke wheels. When 2013 came, it messed everything up for me and I had to go M Sport (paddle shifters was a requirement). The wheels were no longer available. And also, 4 zone was removed as an option.

Another big change was the addition of the individual leathers, wood trims, and package. I liked this. I ordered dark red sycamore with Venetian beige (I will post pics of this never-before-seen-on-the-Internet unique combo when my vehicle arrives).

Anyway, I am doubtful they would make such significant reconfigurations of their options and packages for only a single model year.

Facelift: MY 2015 ;-)

-Corey
I agree. When I was building out the specs on a MY13 F10, it came out a bit more on the total MSRP compared to a similarly spec MY12. However, you do get more options bundled together so as a result end up with more features on the MY13.

I would not be surprised if BMW will rework their jargons/packages for MY14. That's how their marketing team thinks will create novelty among their existing lineup year after year between facelifts or a new chassis. I think their jargons/packages are already confusing enough trying to track what features/options are from year to year. ARS, Adaptive Drive, Dynamic Handling Pkg, DDC is an example. It took some research to figure out ARS and Adaptive Drive are the same thing just different marketing term from BMW. Oh, and if you get HUD, you get the "Instrument Cluster with Extended Contents". The BMW site doesn't even explain what this is. If were not for this forum, I would have turned away from this feature but it indeed is a cool feature.

2013 BMW 550i
Titanium Silver | Black | M Sport