View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i F30 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by krash View Post
Congratulations! Looks fantastic.

Silver is still the best color IMHO.

My e90 was silver though. That's the only reason why I am toying around with getting another color. I might get Black Sapphire this time around, but not 100% sure. Glacier Silver is a strong possibility too.
It's strong in person. When I ordered and spent a while pacing the lot, I was convinced the Black Sapphire was really great in all light, etc. Something about this silver and the whole theme makes the car seem just a bit different to me - I appreciate that in this market (Los Angeles). There are literally a half-dozen E90 and F30 cars on my block and various other BMW models as well and I'm not in any kind of special neighborhood at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post

Congrats. Love those wheels.

BJ
Thanks buddy - I have to say they are my favorite differentiator on this car. I was really happy without this setup and ordered a sport-line originally to get the adaptive cruise. But I'm having a blast right now and couldn't imagine turning much onto auto pilot at this point. Ask me in six months of LA crawl. I'm excited for when when this feature isn't a $2400 add-on that's impossible to find.

I think the biggest miss on this configuration for where I am driving (aside from ACC) might be the full-around cameras. I seriously need to up my street-parking game if those wheels are going to survive around here.

In any case loving it. Mostly I'm impressed with the overall cockpit experience if that makes sense. Way more so than when I test drove it and honestly at the time (deciding to buy) I put more faith in my history of a half-dozen BMW models owned vs being overwhelmingly sold on the car right when I sat in it.